Shadow Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Lords Alliance from Freesky online

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ship Battle Function

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MainDarkmaster

MainDarkmaster

Ship Battle Function Empty
PostSubject: Ship Battle Function   Ship Battle Function I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:57 am

This is the basic function commands for all ships in your fleet.
Attack Planes will hit enemy battleship/cruisers as their primary target if there is no flagship.

Crusiers will primarily target flag/dock, then battleships, then cruisers.

Battleships primarily target frigates, then they spread out semi-evenly.

Frigates primary attack enemy attack planes. Once enemy attack planes are gone they function the same as attack planes. *these do no replace attack planes due to the higher cost and the fact battleships are a lot more effective against these then attack planes.*

Flags - This ship will draw the fire of around 90% of the enemies if not more. All ships except frigs will tend to fire on this first. Be careful because this leaves your attack planes in the open if your enemy has a lot of frigates.

Summary.
1. Flags will heavily reduce fleet losses but can be devastating if you lose a non-starter one.
a.Even without guns flags are very potent forces in a battle.
2.If you are heavily fighter/battleship based vs a enemy with a flag and alot of frigs. You will most likely lose all of your attack planes if its a non-starter flag.
a.This is because battleships wont shoot down his frigs before they nuke your attack planes unless you can kill his flag fast enough.
b.If you have a lot of frigs as well this is generally negated because
frigs attack others frigs after the attack planes usually.
3.Battleships contrary to traditional thought are not very effective against
other battleships/cruisers/flag. It is not their primary role to kill these targets. They will do it but not in a very efficient way in battle. Even when outnumbering the enemies.
a.Even with this set back battleships are critical when protecting your
attack planes.
4.Attack planes are one of the most important units in your entire fleet after the flagship. These ships will be the ones blowing up the enemy battleships and cruisers rapidly in large numbers. 1,000 tons of attacks(1k attacks) will kill as fast as about 4,000-5,000 tons of battleships in anti-battleship/cruiser fighting.
a. As Stated earlier attack planes will die very fast to enemy frigates if
you do not have enough battleship support to take out the enemy
frigates.
b. Even a 3,000 ton fleet should have at least 1,000 attack planes(yes
they are that important)

---Updates---
1.Focused Beam Emplacements function as very very effective anti-attack plane turrets. They have more range then frigs so they can fire sooner and they don't need to follow after the attack planes since the attack planes are flying *towards* them.
a.These turrets are useless on anything with more than 1500range to
tell the truth so they are strictly anti-attack, anti-frigate guns. They are
out ranged by cruisers, battleships, and flags with non focused beam
emplacements. A great idea is to have a few of these mounted on a
flagship or dock so that you can rape the enemy attack planes. I would
estimate them being as much as 200% more effective than frigates
maybe 300%.

This guide will be updated as the game goes on and I learn of new functions of ships or game changes. If you share this guide with others on another site please attack my name to the post. Do not steal credit from others. This is a free quick guide that should not be sold to anyone for anything.

Shadow Lords 2nd Vice
MainDarkmaster

Last edited by MainDarkmaster on Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demonblade
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ship Battle Function   Ship Battle Function I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:04 am

um im not so sure on the battleships attacking the frig first cause when i fought the boss of one of the npc zones everything but there flag died first and then they attacked the flag so who knows anymore lol
Back to top Go down
https://shadow--lords.forumotion.com
MainDarkmaster

MainDarkmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ship Battle Function   Ship Battle Function I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:14 am

Demonblade wrote:
um im not so sure on the battleships attacking the frig first cause when i fought the boss of one of the npc zones everything but there flag died first and then they attacked the flag so who knows anymore lol

Theres always flukes
Anyways when you gonna send me that report i want to see it
Back to top Go down
Anthony911

PostSubject: Re: Ship Battle Function   Ship Battle Function I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:12 pm

since I'm still a newb, what building can make the ships?? I already have a War Room and a Military building that researches military skills
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ship Battle Function   Ship Battle Function I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ship Battle Function
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Lords :: Guides-
Jump to: